Harry Potter plays the role of a man finally living out the quiet, conventional lifestyle he always wanted to live as a Minister of Magic employee, who is a doting husband and father of three. Yet, he struggles to escape the haunting past, the demons of which continue to consume him. The play also features a grown up Albus Severus Potter following the footsteps of his legendary father and laboring to carry the burden of a family bequest and fortune he hadn’t expected. As the past meets the present, the legendary father and son duo strive to come in terms with the darkness that lies within and overcome their inner demons.
In case you guys don’t know this, I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I know this is technically more of a script than a book, but guys this is my favorite series and I really couldn’t let it go.
I guess you can’t really say it was a bad story. I mean, it was nice…but so not up to Rowling’s usual standards. So here is a list of reasons why Cursed Child is just another fanfic.
- Harry would never tell Albus that he wished Albus wasn’t his son. The real Harry would have been so nice and he would have spoiled his kids because he knows what it’s like to not know love.
- All that spiel about Harry being a bad father because he didn’t have any father figures…that is so not true. Excuse me Harry, have you forgotten about Hagrid, Lupin, Sirius, Arthur, Molly, and god knows who else?
- Rose was raised by Hermione Granger, who is an amazing person, and I don’t think she would ever bring up her daughter to be a prejudiced, Queen B bigot.
- Since Voldemort and Bellatrix were so full of Dark Magic, was it even possible for them to have kids?
- Also, we know from Prisoner of Azkaban that the Potterverse operates on a closed time loop, which means that if you were to go back in time to change things, you would have already felt the effects of it. In the Cursed Child, however, time continuum is open and freely manipulated. Consistency, J. K.!
- Draco does not have a ponytail. Nope. No way. Now I’m scarred for life. Although
Do you ever imagine how Hogwarts would have been if Draco had a ponytail?
I bet he’d be using it to be sassy, be like “Scared, Potter?” **flips hair like a boss**
I’d also like to say that I really wanted Scorose to happen, because Rose was gonna be Hermione II and Scorpius was gonna be Draco II, but since that hasn’t happened, for this fanfic, I’m Scorbus all the way.